Water and Wastewater Loans
Communities Unlimited offers loans, with terms up to 15 years, for small, rural community water and wastewater projects. Loans are made nationwide with an emphasis on Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas. The loans help rural communities make the repairs and improvements needed to maintain an uninterrupted supply of safe drinking water and wastewater disposal for their customers.
Loans can be used to:
- Meet compliance requirements for public drinking water and wastewater regulations
- Improve public health and system security
- Extend service to new customers
- Create opportunities for economic development
- Conduct pre-development activities that allow systems to qualify for longer-term financing
Eligible applicants are nonprofit corporations and local governments that:
- Serve a significant number of low-income customers
- Are in qualifying rural communities
- Can repay the loan with system revenues
- Can provide evidence of permanent take-out financing
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.