Water and Wastewater Loans
Communities Unlimited offers loans, with terms up to 15 years, for small, rural community water and wastewater projects. Loans are made nationwide with an emphasis on Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas. The loans help rural communities make the repairs and improvements needed to maintain an uninterrupted supply of safe drinking water and wastewater disposal for their customers.
Loans can be used to:
- Meet compliance requirements for public drinking water and wastewater regulations
- Finance construction projects and system improvements
- Extend service to new customers
- Purchase equipment and improve system security
- Conduct pre-development activities that allow systems to qualify for longer-term financing
Eligible applicants are nonprofit corporations, local governments, and tribal nations that:
- Serve a significant number of low-income customers
- Serve communities with a population of 20,000 or less
- Have the cash flow for debt service or permanent take-out financing
- Are willing to accept no-cost technical assistance if needed
Loans of up to $500,000 are available. Loan amounts are based on needs, requested terms, and ability to repay.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.