John May Farm Safety Fund
The John May Farm Safety Fund provides financial assistance for New York farmers to improve safety on their farms.
Past projects have included:
- Repairing broken fences
- Mitigating drainage problems
- Replacing outdated machinery
- Purchasing and installing power take-off (PTO) shields
- Fixing unprotected drop-offs
- Repairing unsafe electrical systems
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements below.
- Residents of New York
- Full or part-time active farmers
- Annual gross receipts between $10,000 - $349,999 or a dairy farm that has fewer than 700 milking cows
Awards will not exceed 50% of the estimated total cost of the project, with a maximum award amount of $5,000. The number of awards and the award amount will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis. Projects must be completed in 1 year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.