Advanced Nursing Education - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (ANE-SANE) Program
The Advanced Nursing Education - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (ANE-SANE) Program provides grants to increase the number of registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, and forensic nurses trained and certified as sexual assault nurse examiners, with a preference for projects that will substantially benefit rural or underserved populations or help meet public health nursing needs in state or local health departments.
Program objectives include:
- Financially support participants/trainees through their SANE certification requirements which, at a minimum, include didactic education, clinical training, and experiential learning
- Develop academic-practice partnerships, including collaboration with HRSA-supported health centers and critical shortage facilities. These partnerships should promote recruitment of participants/trainees, interagency collaboration, and integrate trauma-informed, evidence-based sexual assault and domestic violence services into training and practice settings.
- Incorporate innovative models of training and practice, including virtual, tele-education models, telehealth, and sexual assault response teams (SARTs) to ensure flexible options for learning and practice.
- Reduce system-level and structural barriers to SANE training and practice through collaborative partnerships and technical assistance consultation
Eligible applicants in the 50 states and U.S. territories include:
- Accredited schools of nursing
- Nursing centers
- Nurse-managed health clinics
- Academic health centers
- State and local health departments
- HRSA-supported health centers
- Rural Health Clinics
- Public and nonprofit hospitals
- Emergency healthcare service providers
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics receiving funding under Title X
- Federally recognized tribes
- Native American organizations
- Other relevant public and private nonprofit entities
Award ceiling: $500,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 16
Estimated total program funding: $8,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.