Hawaii State Loan Repayment Program
Dr. Kelley Withy
The Hawaii State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) offers eligible health professionals an opportunity to receive assistance with the repayment of their qualified educational loans in exchange for a minimum 2-year commitment to provide healthcare services at an eligible site in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
Eligible applicants are United States citizens or U.S. nationals with an unrestricted license to practice in Hawaii. Eligible professions include:
- Primary care physicians
- Primary care advanced practice nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Primary care physician assistants
- Health service psychologists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Licensed professional counselors
- Marriage and family therapists
Primary care specialties include:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Obstetrics/gynecology and women's health
- Psychiatry and mental health
Funding amounts vary. Loan repayment dollars committed by sponsoring organizations are matched 1:1 with Hawaii SLRP funds.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.