Hawaii State Loan Repayment Program
Dr. Kelley Withy
The Hawaii State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) offers eligible health professionals an opportunity to receive assistance with the repayment of their qualified educational loans in exchange for a minimum 2-year commitment to provide healthcare services at an eligible site in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
Eligible applicants are United States citizens or U.S. nationals with an unrestricted license to practice in Hawaii. Eligible professions include:
- Allopathic Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Health Service Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors licensed/credentialed/certified by their state of practice that meet educational requirements and master's degree requirement
Primary care specialties include:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Obstetrics/gynecology and women's health
- Psychiatry and mental health
Funding amounts vary. Loan repayment dollars committed by sponsoring organizations are matched 1:1 with Hawaii SLRP funds.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.