Kearney Health Opportunities Program (KHOP)
The Kearney Health Opportunities Program (KHOP) provides scholarships and professional development for high school seniors from rural Nebraska who wish to practice in rural Nebraska following the completion of specific health professions educational programs.
There are positions available for students wishing to pursue the following professions:
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
Eligible applicants are high school seniors from rural Nebraska who:
- Will receive a high school diploma or equivalent within the current school year
- Have a sincere interest in becoming a healthcare provider
- Have a willingness to practice in rural Nebraska
- Have scored a minimum ACT composite of 23 or above before the application deadline
Rural residency requirements are described in detail in the KHOP Brochure.
Additional factors that may be considered in student selection include:
- Individual is from an environment of economic disadvantage
- Individual will be a first generation college student
- Individual demonstrates an active involvement in communities and neighborhoods where opportunities are diminished, especially those opportunities to receive the benefits of healthcare
- Proficiency in languages spoken in underserved communities with healthcare needs
Each participant will:
- Receive a full tuition scholarship for coursework at University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK)
- Follow a special curriculum and participate in professional development activities at UNK that will prepare them for their healthcare program at University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
- Receive admission to their specified healthcare program at UNMC upon satisfactory completion of all requirements within the prescribed timeline
The number of positions available for each program is listed in the KHOP Brochure.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.