NHSC Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Workforce Loan Repayment Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) provides loan repayment assistance for eligible clinicians who agree to serve in an approved SUD treatment facility.
The primary goals of this program are:
- To expand the scope of SUD treatment providers and sites that are eligible for participation in NHSC loan repayment programs, including opioid and non-opioid treatment facilities and facilities with a Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) score that typically would not qualify for NHSC funding
- Support the recruitment and retention of health professionals needed in underserved areas to provide SUD treatment and prevent overdose deaths
Eligible applicants are U.S. citizens and nationals that work in approved sites in the disciplines and specialties that are listed on the HRSA Loan Repayment Program infographic.
Up to $75,000 for 3 years of full-time clinical practice at an NHSC-approved service site that provides SUD treatment and is located in a Mental Health or Primary Medical Care HPSA
Up to $37,500 for 3 years of half-time clinical practice
Links to the application instructions and the online application process are available on the program website.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
- National Health Service Corps, view details
- Bureau of Health Workforce, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.