Colorado Health Service Corps Scholarship Program for Addiction Counselors
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Colorado Health Service Corps Program provides scholarships for Addiction Counselor training in exchange for a service commitment in a Health Professional Shortage Area of Colorado.
Scholarship recipients must commit to a term of 6 months at an approved site and meet the hourly requirements for direct clinical contact during the entire service obligation.
Scholarship recipients must:
- Be on a path to become a licensed Certified Addiction Technician (CAT), Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS), or a Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
- Get accepted into an approved clinical addiction counseling training program within 6 months of accepting the scholarship award
- Complete coursework and required hours within 18 months for CAT or 24 months for CAS and LAC
- Work in a Colorado Health Professional Shortage Area at a CHSC-certified site for 6 months after becoming fully licensed as a CAT, CAS, or LAC
The full cost of tuition and fees up to $5,000.
A link to the online application is available on the program website.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.