Tribal Long Term Services and Supports Resource Center
The Administration for Community Living will provide funding to support the formation of a Tribal Long Term Services and Supports Resource Center (LTSSICNRC) to expand home and community-based supports (HCBS) to enable tribal elders to remain in their homes and/or communities.
The LTSSICNRC has been developed through consultations with tribes and tribal elders to respond to their demands for increased tribal access to expanded, culturally sensitive, person-centered home and community-based supports.
The Resource Center will:
- Work with tribes to utilize the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) web-site Roadmap to plan appropriate home and community long term services and supports for communities
- Track the steps taken within each tribe to develop cultural responses in LTSS for replication by other tribes and organizations
- Locate and develop tribally-related LTSS-information and data
- Advocate for the LTSS needs of specific populations
- Serve as a clearinghouse for HCBS LTSS for Indian Country, rural America, and the aging network
Eligible applicants include:
- Federally recognized Native American tribal governments
- Native American tribal organizations
- Native American Consortiums of Federally Recognized Tribes
- Nonprofit organizations having 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- Institutions of higher education
Funds for this program should be used to serve Title VI eligible-populations of federally recognized American Indian Tribes, Native Alaskan villages and communities, and Native Hawaiian organizations. Urban tribes are not eligible to receive funding under this program.
Award ceiling: $250,000 per year
Award floor: $200,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.