Tribal Long Term Services and Supports Resource Center
The Administration for Community Living (ACL) will provide funding to support a Tribal Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Resource Center to expand home and community-based supports (HCBS) to enable tribal elders to remain in their homes and/or communities. The program has been developed through consultations with tribes and tribal elders to respond to their demands for increased tribal access to expanded, culturally sensitive, person-centered home and community-based supports.
The Resource Center will:
- Create a network of navigators through recruitment and training that will assist tribes in the development of appropriate LTSS in response to identified, tribe-specific needs
- Develop a practical and hands on toolkit for tribes to assist in implementing LTSS in their individual tribal communities
- Further target services to the 282 tribes that receive Title VI grants under the OAIANNHP
- Have publicly-available resources that are accessible to all tribes and organizations that work with American Indian, Alaskan Native, and Hawaiian populations
- Focus on improving the lives of those served by ACL by supporting the development of tribal-specific LTSS that assist older adults and people with disabilities while also empowering tribes to develop programs that are integrated into their unique culture
Eligible applicants include:
- Federally recognized Native American tribal governments
- Native American tribal organizations
- Native American Consortiums of Federally Recognized Tribes
- Nonprofit organizations having 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- Institutions of higher education
Funds for this program should be used to serve Title VI eligible-populations of federally recognized American Indian Tribes, Native Alaskan villages and communities, and Native Hawaiian organizations. Urban tribes are not eligible to receive funding under this program.
Award ceiling: $250,000 per year
Award floor: $200,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.