Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Training and Mentoring/DATA 2000 Waiver
This program provides free training and mentoring services for eligible healthcare providers to obtain a DATA 2000 Waiver (also called a MAT Waiver), which allows them to deliver medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
The training is free to complete, and is available in-person or online. The MD/DO training course is 8 hours, and the courses for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other advance practice nurses are 24 hours.
Eligible participants have an active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number to dispense controlled substances and are one of the following:
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Nurse practitioner (NP)
- Physician assistant (PA)
- Certified nurse-midwife (CNM)
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
- Medical students
The course is provided at no cost to eligible clinicians.
The benefits of receiving a DATA 2000 Waiver include:
- Be a part of the solution to the nation's opioid epidemic
- Help increase access to comprehensive substance use disorder treatment in rural and underserved areas
- Become a priority applicant for some National Health Service Corps loan repayment programs
- Qualified disciplines can become eligible for the Loan Repayment Program Continuation Contract MAT Award Enhancement
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.