Empowering Communities to Address Behavioral Health and Chronic Pain through Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Programs
Application: Feb 2, 2021
For programmatic or technical
For grants management or budget
This program provides funding for public and private nonprofit entities to address behavioral health and/or chronic pain among older adults and adults with disabilities through the implementation of appropriate evidence-based self-management education and self-management support programs. Proposals should consider projects that reach a new population, such as rural communities, veterans, individuals with mental illness, or individuals with substance abuse/misuse issues.
Program goals include:
- Through robust partnerships, develop a result-based, comprehensive strategy for addressing behavioral health and/or chronic pain among older adults and adults with disabilities
- Significantly increase the number of older adults and adults with disabilities who participate in evidence-based self-management education and/or self-management support programs to empower them to better manage these chronic condition(s), while concurrently pursuing the sustainability of these programs beyond the end of the grant period
Eligible applicants are domestic public and private nonprofit entities including
- State and local governments
- Tribal governments and organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Institutions of higher education
Award ceiling: $300,000
Award floor: $200,000
Project period: 36 months
Estimated number of awards: 8
Estimated total program funding: $2,000,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
While not required, potential applicants are encouraged to email a letter of intent to email@example.com by December 18, 2020.
Applicant conference call recording:
Playback number: 800.568.5006
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.