Empowering Communities to Reduce Falls and Falls Risk
Application: Jan 31, 2020
The Administration for Community Living provides grants to help communities reduce falls and/or falls risk among older adults and adults with disabilities through the implementation of evidence-based falls prevention programs. An emphasis is on projects that will target specific populations, such as rural communities, underserved areas, veterans, caregivers, or Tribal elders.
This funding opportunity has 2 goals.
- Through robust partnerships, develop a result-based, comprehensive strategy for reducing falls and falls risk among older adults and adults with disabilities living in the community
- Significantly increase the number of older adults and adults with disabilities who participate in evidence-based falls prevention programs, while concurrently pursuing the sustainability of these programs beyond the end of the grant period
Eligible applicants are domestic public or private nonprofit entities including:
- State and local governments
- Tribal governments
- Tribal organizations
- Faith-based and community-based organizations
- Institutions of higher education
Award ceiling: $300,000
Award floor: $200,000
Project period: 36 months
Estimated number of awards: 7
Estimated total program funding: $1,776,100
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
Applicants are requested, but not required, to submit a letter of intent by email to Shannon Skowronski by December 16, 2019.
Applicant conference call recording
Playback number: 866.421.6879
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.