Birth Center Accreditation Support Grants
The American Association of Birth Centers (AABC) Foundation provides grants to assist birth center applicants with fees that are due to the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers, including accreditation fees and annual fees.
Special consideration will be given to birth centers that demonstrate:
- A commitment to serving low income women and/or women on medical assistance
- In a rural or low-income area
- Annual gross revenues of less than $100,000
- A commitment to foster public education about birth centers
Eligible applicants are birth centers that have:
- AABC membership
- A demonstrated financial hardship to pay 100% of their accreditation fees
- A demonstrated capacity and a plan to complete the accreditation process with the intent to maintain accreditation
- Not received an Accreditation Support Grant in the last 3 years
The grant will cover the second half of the initial payment for accreditation fee or half of an accredited birth center's annual fees.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.