Oregon Rural Veterans Healthcare Transportation Grant Program
Contacts by region are available in Appendix B of the application instructions.
The Oregon Rural Veterans Healthcare Transportation Grant Program provides grants to cover operations and purchased services for eligible transportation agencies for innovative local solutions to transit challenges and barriers between veterans living in rural areas and healthcare services.
Challenges and barriers that require innovative solutions include:
- Lifeline transit service in bedroom communities
- Schedules and frequencies that conform to veteran's needs
- Appointments with out-of-market specialists and regional veterans hospitals
- Ongoing appointments for the treatment of chronic conditions
- Access to behavioral health services, counseling, and support groups
- Periodic service to screening, detection, diagnosis, and disease prevention events
- Accessible transit for veterans living with disabilities
Mobility management and planning projects are eligible if they will improve healthcare access for rural veterans.
Eligible applicants are Special Transportation Fund (STF) agencies with service areas with Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) Codes of 4-10 and federally recognized Tribes in Oregon.
Awards are anticipated between $35,000 - $75,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.