Colorado State Dental Loan Repayment Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Colorado State Dental Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment assistance to dentists and dental hygienists who agree to serve a certain number of Medicaid, Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), and uninsured patients each month.
Awardees must agree to practice at the same site for a 2-year term.
Applicants must work at a a public, nonprofit, or private dental practice in Colorado; see Medicaid, CHP+, and/or uninsured patients each month; and provide direct clinical care to patients. Eligible dental professions include:
- General dentists
- Pediatric dentists
- Dental hygienists
Award amounts vary based on the number of Health First Colorado (Medicaid), CHP+, and uninsured patients seen each month. Amounts are as follows.
- $50,000 – if serving 80 or more underserved patients per month
- $37,500 – if serving 60-79 underserved patients per month
- $25,000 – if serving 20-59 underserved patients per month
For dental hygienists:
- $12,000 – if serving 80 or more underserved patients per month
- $8,000 – if serving 60-79 underserved patients per month
- $6,000 – if serving 20-59 underserved patients per month
A link to the online application is available on the program website.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.