Maryland Rural Impact Awards
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Rural Maryland Council
The Rural Impact Awards are honorary awards to recognize
individuals and organizations that have provided
exemplary service to communities in rural Maryland.
Awards will be given in 4 categories.
Rural Community Volunteer
- Distinctive volunteer efforts
- Understanding of community needs
- Positive contributions impacting the economic,
health, or well being of the community
- Dedication to community
- Overall leadership in community
Outstanding Rural Economic Development
- Significance of jobs attracted, retained, or created
in relation to a community's economic development
- Noteworthy, creative, or innovative techniques
brought to bear on challenging economic development
- The use of partnerships for leveraged resources in
achieving business development goals
Outstanding Rural Community Development
- Dedication and creativity in providing
- Evidence of collaboration with relevant stakeholders
to resolve social problems
- The use of partnerships or leveraged resources to
realize community-achievement goals
Rural Champion Award
- Demonstrated wisdom and foresight in dealing with
- Exemplary leadership
- Ability to work with community members and
organizations to understand Rural Maryland priorities
- Commitment to working with public servants to address
rural community needs
- Overall dedication to serving constituents
Awards will be presented at the annual meeting which will
held on November 13, 2023 in Annapolis, Maryland.
Eligible nominees are individuals and organizations that
have performed extraordinary acts of service in rural
Amount of funding
These awards are honorary.
Community and economic development · Community engagement and volunteerism · Health workforce · Human services · Leadership · Wellness, health promotion, and disease prevention · Maryland
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.