Maryland Rural Impact Awards
The Rural Impact Awards are honorary awards to recognize individuals and organizations that have provided exemplary service to communities in rural Maryland.
Awards will be given in 4 categories.
Rural Community Volunteer
- Distinctive volunteer efforts
- Understanding of community needs
- Positive contributions impacting the economic, health, or well being of the community
- Dedication to community
- Overall leadership in community
Outstanding Rural Economic Development
- Significance of jobs attracted, retained, or created in relation to a community's economic development objectives
- Noteworthy, creative, or innovative techniques brought to bear on challenging economic development situations
- The use of partnerships for leveraged resources in achieving business development goals
Outstanding Rural Community Development
- Dedication and creativity in providing community-oriented services
- Evidence of collaboration with relevant stakeholders to resolve social problems
- The use of partnerships or leveraged resources to realize community-achievement goals
Rural Champion Award
- Demonstrated wisdom and foresight in dealing with rural issues
- Exemplary leadership
- Ability to work with community members and organizations to understand Rural Maryland priorities
- Commitment to working with public servants to address rural community needs
- Overall dedication to serving constituents
Eligible nominees are individuals and organizations that have performed extraordinary acts of service in rural Maryland communities.
These awards are honorary.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.