Telehealth Centers of Excellence Program
This opportunity is a limited competition for incumbent Telehealth Center of Excellence award recipients to assess specific telehealth uses and services to improve healthcare in rural areas.
Telehealth Centers of Excellence are located in public academic medical centers that:
- Have a successful telehealth program with a high annual volume of telehealth visits
- Have an established reimbursement structure that allows telehealth services to be financially self-sustaining
- Have established programs that provide telehealth services in medically underserved areas with high chronic disease prevalence and high poverty rates
Through this program, Centers of Excellence will serve multiple roles, including telehealth incubators to pilot, track and refine telehealth research with the goal of establishing evidence-based telehealth programs and framework that could be shared and instituted in a future evidence-based telehealth network program to improve healthcare in rural areas.
Eligible applicants are incumbent Telehealth Center of Excellence award recipients operating a successful telehealth program in a public academic medical center located in a state with high chronic disease prevalence, high poverty rates, and a larger percentage of medically underserved rural areas.
Award ceiling: $3,250,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 2
Estimated total program funding: $6,500,000
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.