Delta Region Innovative Readiness Training Medical Missions
Application: Sep 30, 2021
The Innovative Readiness Training (IRT) Medical Missions program is an opportunity to host a U.S. Department of Defense readiness training mission to bring medical, dental, and optical care to rural communities in the Delta Region. The goals of the program are to improve military readiness by providing trained military medical personnel with in-field emergency response training while providing quality, no-cost healthcare services to communities in need. Medical missions take place over 2 weeks in the summer, and the current application cycle is for the summer of 2023.
Eligible applicants include:
- Federal, regional, state, and local government entities
- State and federally recognized tribes
- Youth and charitable organizations
Host cities must be located within the Delta Regional Authority service area, have a population of 50,000 or less, have a critical need for healthcare providers, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- An unemployment rate above the national average over the last 24 months
- Per capita income 80% or less than the national average
- A special need caused by a natural disaster or other emergency
Healthcare services are provided at no cost for community members.
While no cash contribution is required, host sites must be able to provide:
- Meeting space to accommodate military personnel and community partners for mission planning
- Commercial kitchen for military use
- 6-10 shower stalls for military use
- Overnight sleeping space that accommodates up to 75 cots with separation for male and female military personnel
- Clinic space to accommodate 3-6 basic medical exam stations, 3-6 dental stations with water sources, 3-6 optical stations, and space to accommodate patients while waiting
- Commitment from a healthcare facility for the disposal of biohazard waste
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.