National Community Care Corps Local Models Program
The National Community Care Corps Local Models Program will provide funding for innovative local models in which volunteers assist family caregivers, older adults, and adults with disabilities to help individuals maintain their independence and age in place. The program intends to fund local models that represent a diverse cross section of the United States in terms of geography; urban, rural, frontier, and tribal communities; and underserved and limited English-speaking populations.
There are two funding options:
- Option 1 - funding to establish, enhance, or grow model volunteer programs in home or community-based settings
- Option 2 - funding to build a network of screened and trained volunteer chaperones to accompany older adults and adults with disabilities in need to and from non-emergency medical appointments and outpatient procedures
Volunteer services should address an unmet need, be delivered in non-institutional settings, and provide non-medical services. Applicants are encouraged to consider health equity and social determinants of health.
Eligible applicants include:
- Domestic public or private non-profit entities
- Local communities
- State, county, and local governments
- Tribal governments and organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Hospitals and healthcare systems
- Institutions of higher education
- Local aging services organizations
- Centers for independent living
- Time-banking or volunteer agencies with expertise in the delivery of home and community-based services to older adults and adults with disabilities
- Entities with expertise in the delivery of services and supports to older adults, adults with disabilities, and family caregivers
Award range: $30,000 - $200,000
Project period: 18 months
Match requirement: Cash and/or in-kind match equal to 20% of the total program budget
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application are available on the program website.
June 6, 2023
2:00 p.m. Eastern
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- USAging, view details
- Administration for Community Living, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.