Health Information Outreach Award: Region 6
The Health Information Outreach Award provides funding for projects in the Network of the Network of the National Library of Medicine Region 6 that improve health information literacy and increase health equity through engagement and training for health information.
Funds may be used to support:
- Instructional design and training of evidence-based health resources and information for workforce development
- Public or consumer outreach and engagement for awareness, evaluation, use, and understanding of credible health information including MedlinePlus or PubMed but not limited to the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine resources
- Online health information access and digital literacy skills training
Priority consideration is given to projects that address the following areas:
- Communities experiencing health disparities as a result of race and ethnicity; biological sex, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation; cognitive and physical abilities; religious background/identification; socio-economic status; education level; geographic location, or other factors
- Collaboration or partnerships with public health departments, clinics and hospitals, libraries, and non-profit or faith-based organizations
- Programs focused on confronting health misinformation, bridging the digital divide, or recognizing environmental determinants of health
Applicants must be a NLM Region 6 member in:
Membership is free and comes with a variety of benefits and responsibilities, as listed on the membership website.
Award ceiling: $15,000
Project period: 1 year
Estimated number of awards: At least 2
Links to additional guidance and application instructions are available on the program website. Submit using the apply online button.
- National Institutes of Health, view details
- U.S. National Library of Medicine, view details
- Network of the National Library of Medicine, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.