Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (EMPA) Fellowship
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Gundersen Health System
The Gundersen Health System offers fellowships for
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (EMPA) training in
and around La Crosse, Wisconsin.
The fellowship experience includes:
- 40-50 hours weekly in emergency services alongside
emergency medicine (EM) physicians, physician assistants
and staff at Gundersen's primary hospital
- Monthly shifts in 2 affiliated rural Critical Access
Hospitals with emergency departments
- Rotations in Anesthesia, Obstetrics, MICU, SICU,
PICU, Interventional Radiology, and EMS
- Trauma service in a Level II Trauma Center and
regional emergency departments
- Annual wilderness medicine conference
- In-house emergency ultrasound training
- ATLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP certifications
- Monthly simulation lab activities
- Weekly didactic sessions and the opportunity to
Eligible applicants are individuals with a degree from
accredited PA program and NCCPA certification by the
start of the fellowship.
Amount of funding
A stipend of $98,108 for the 18 month fellowship, as well
as fringe benefits and access to affordable fellow housing.
Critical Access Hospitals · Emergency department and urgent care services · Health workforce education and training · Licensure and certification of health professionals · Physician assistants
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.