National Health Service Corps Site Application
The National Health Service Corps provides assistance for qualifying practice sites in recruiting and retaining community-responsive, culturally competent primary care clinicians. If approved as an NHSC site, open vacancies will be published on the NHSC Health Workforce Connector and viewed by hundreds of clinicians, including NHSC Scholars and those interested in the Loan Repayment Program.
Additional benefits include:
- Clinicians practicing in eligible NHSC disciplines who work at NHSC-approved sites are eligible to apply to the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (LRP).
- NHSC Scholars who have completed their training must work at an NHSC-approved site.
- Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations
- Direct access to State Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary healthcare services
- Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in underserved communities
Sites must meet several criteria, including:
- Located in a federally-designated HPSA
- Provide primary care medical, dental, mental and behavioral health, and/or outpatient substance use disorder services
- Provide services regardless of a patient's ability to pay
- Offer discounted fees to patients who qualify
- Accept patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
A complete listing of approved facility types and eligibility requirements is available in the Site Reference Guide.
There is no cost for the assistance provided. Sites must be officially accepted into the NHSC program.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.