Rural Project Examples: Accountable Care Organizations
Other Project Examples
Community Care Partnership of Maine Accountable Care Organization
Updated/reviewed April 2023
- Need: To increase access and quality of care for patients in rural Maine.
- Intervention: Community hospitals and Federally Qualified Health Centers in Maine formed the Community Care Partnership of Maine Accountable Care Organization (CCPM ACO).
- Results: CCPM serves about 120,000 patients in Maine. In addition, it has implemented shared savings arrangements/contracts with different Medicare Advantage and other private health payers.
Beacon Health Accountable Care Organization
Updated/reviewed October 2022
- Need: To implement coordinated healthcare to improve patient health and engagement and to reduce the overall cost of medical services in Maine.
- Intervention: The Beacon Health network launched with a focus on patient-centered care to improve overall wellness and reduce ever-increasing healthcare costs.
- Results: Through care coordination, Beacon Health is enhancing provider efficiency and a team approach to delivering care, leading to improved patient engagement and healthcare quality and lowering the overall cost of care.
For examples from other sources, see: