Rural Project Examples: Leadership
Other Project Examples
Together With Veterans Rural Suicide Prevention Program
Updated/reviewed February 2023
- Need: Suicide among veterans has been steadily increasing, and rural veterans have an increased risk of death by suicide compared to urban veterans.
- Intervention: A program called Together With Veterans was formed to help rural communities address and prevent suicides among veterans. The initiative is veteran-led, collaborative, evidence-based, and community-centered.
- Results: Data collection is ongoing.
Together for Beaufort County
Updated/reviewed October 2022
- Need: A community-wide collaborative process to identify and address specific quality-of-life challenges confronting the citizens of Beaufort County, South Carolina.
- Intervention: Together for Beaufort County facilitates the coordination of local and regional coalitions that address economic, social, health, educational, and environmental factors through shared collective impact process.
- Results: Out of 46 counties in South Carolina, Beaufort County has reached the top ranking in health outcomes.
For examples from other sources, see: