National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
Monday - Friday (except Federal holidays)
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern
The goal of the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) is to expand access to healthcare services and improve the health of people who live in urban and rural areas where healthcare is scarce.
The NHSC Loan Repayment Program recruits fully-trained primary healthcare professionals to underserved populations located in selected Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) In return for service, the program assists clinicians in their repayment of outstanding qualifying educational loans.
- Be U.S. citizen or national
- Practice in one of the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physician (MD or DO)
- Psychiatrists (MD or DO)
- Dentist (DDS or DMD)
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Health Service Psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistants
- Be licensed to practice in the service state
- Currently work in or are applying to work in a
facility that is:
- An NHSC-approved facility, or
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area and applying to become an NHSC-approved site
The Loan Repayment Program offers varying levels of funding based on the HPSA score a practice site has received. Up to $50,000 is available for those who agree to practice full-time. Up to $25,000 is available for those who agree to practice half-time.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.