Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
BHW Customer Service Portal
Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment assistance to registered nurses, nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses, and nursing school faculty who agree to work at a Critical Shortage Facility or an eligible school of nursing.
The program repays 60% of a qualifying educational loan balance in exchange for 2 years of service. Participants may be eligible to work a third year and receive an additional 25% of the qualifying loan balance.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Have a diploma, associate's, bachelor's, or a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing located in a U.S. state or territory
- Be employed as a full-time RN or APRN, defined as at least 32 hours per week, at a public or private nonprofit Critical Shortage Facility or be employed as a full-time nurse faculty member at a public or private nonprofit eligible school of nursing
- Have outstanding qualifying educational loans leading to a diploma or degree in nursing
- Have a current, unencumbered license to practice
Repays 60% of a qualifying educational loan balance, with the option to work a third year and receive an additional 25%.
Up to 20% of the funding allocated for nurse practitioners is available for psychiatric NPs.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.