Washington Models and Innovations
These stories feature model programs and successful rural projects that can serve as a source of ideas. Some of the projects or programs may no longer be active. Read about the criteria and evidence-base for programs included.
Other Project Examples
Updated/reviewed December 2018
- Need: Rural healthcare networks in Colorado and Washington felt the urgency to help their communities improve population health with better care at lower cost.
- Intervention: The Community Care Alliance was formed to serve rural patient populations by assisting their healthcare organizations in transforming their practices to succeed at value-based reimbursement.
- Results: Member healthcare communities have seen an increased collaboration among independent providers, clinics, and local hospitals on community health initiatives, patient transfers, and appropriate access and education.
Updated/reviewed July 2018
- Need: Anacortes of Washington State, has limited access to mental healthcare services. In addition, psychiatric or behavioral health services were sparse for students in the Anacortes School District.
- Intervention: Island Hospital opened a Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Clinic that serves patients on their campus and created a program to provide services at schools located in the Anacortes School District.
- Results: Over 3,000 mental health and social work appointments have been facilitated at Anacortes's public schools. Thousands more appointments have been provided at the clinic to meet the mental health needs of the community.
Last Updated: 12/11/2018