Applying for Grants to Support Rural Health Projects – Models and Innovations
These stories feature model programs and successful rural projects that can serve as a source of ideas and provide lessons others have learned. Some of the projects or programs may no longer be active. Read about the criteria and evidence-base for programs included.
Other Project Examples
Added August 2019
- Need: To help rural Missouri organizations secure funding to improve health outcomes.
- Intervention: MoCAP provides free grant writing services, technical assistance, and a mailing list of funding opportunities.
- Results: Since 2010, MoCAP has provided support for over 440 proposals and helped bring in more than $210 million in funding.
Updated/reviewed June 2019
- Need: To address the specific health needs of north central Oregon and south central Washington.
- Intervention: The Collective Impact Health Specialist identifies community needs, convenes community partners to design initiatives that address those needs, and secures funding for health-related initiatives.
- Results: Thanks to the CIHS, the Columbia Gorge region has received $10 million in funding in 5 years.
Last Updated: 8/12/2019