Module 1: Introduction to Health Equity in Rural Communities
This module provides an overview of health equity and introduces some unique challenges that rural communities may face when addressing health equity. It provides important background information needed for implementing a program to incorporate strategies to advance health equity in a rural community.
For general information on what to consider when starting your program, see Creating a Program: Where to Begin in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
In this module:
- Defining Health Equity
- Root Causes of Health Inequities
- Use of Language in the Rural Health Equity Toolkit
- Need for Rural Health Equity Programs
- Population Considerations for Advancing Health Equity
- Facilitators and Barriers to Advancing Health Equity in Rural Areas
- Frameworks to Advance Health Equity