Community Health Workers Toolkit
Welcome to the Community Health Workers (CHW) Toolkit. It’s designed to help you evaluate opportunities for developing a CHW program and provide resources and best practices developed by successful CHW programs.
The toolkit is made up of several modules. Each concentrates on different aspects of CHW programs. Modules also include resources for you to use in developing a program for your area.
- Module 1: Introduction to Community Health Workers
An overview of community health workers and their roles.
- Module 2: Program Models
Elements of differing models for CHW programs.
- Module 3: Training Approaches
Available training materials and procedures for CHWs.
- Module 4: Program Implementation
Building a program from the bottom up.
- Module 5: Planning for Sustainability
How to ensure your CHW program functions properly.
- Module 6: Measuring Program Impacts
Methods that allow you to measure the effectiveness of your program.
- Module 7: Disseminating Best Practices
Letting other people know what you have done with your program.
- Module 8: Program Clearinghouse
Examples of and contacts for successful CHW programs.