- Project Title: Health Coaches for Hypertension Control
- Grant Period: 5/1/2010 – 4/30/2011
- Program Representative Interviewed: Cheryl J. Dye, PhD, Program Director
- Location: Clemson, South Carolina
- Program Overview: The main focus of the program in rural Oconee County is to train health coaches to provide services, such as health education, telephone counseling, and support groups, to patients who are referred by a family physician practice. Health coaches conduct group classes on hypertension control and other issues, guide patients in developing individualized action plans for self-management, and provide telephone counseling for patients.
Read more about the Health Coaches for Hypertension Control program in RHIhub’s Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this Program: