Upper Peninsula Health Care Network
- Project Title: Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Grant Program
- Grant period: 2013 - 2016
- Program Representative Interviewed: Dennis Smith, Executive Director
- Location: Marquette, Michigan
- Program Overview: The Upper Peninsula Health Care Network (UPHCN) is conducting quality improvement activities for primary care provider offices and Rural Health Clinics through the Lean for Clinical Redesign Clinical Process Initiative. This involves working with office staff to help map their workflows and incorporate tobacco cessation metrics into their electronic health record. Through increased screening for tobacco use for improved follow-up of quit attempts, UPHCN is aiming to increase access to tobacco cessation counseling and reduce tobacco use among patients.
Models Represented by this Program: