Module 2: Evidence-Based and Promising Suicide Prevention Program Models
Rural communities implement a variety of strategies and efforts to prevent suicide. This module introduces models rural communities are using to develop programs designed to prevent suicide in rural communities. These models reflect a wide range of approaches and were selected based on their effectiveness. Many suicide prevention programs use multiple models in their design.
To learn how to identify and adapt interventions, see Developing a Rural Community Health Program in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
This toolkit identifies nine models to address and prevent suicide across a range of settings:
- Comprehensive Approach to Suicide Prevention
- Screening for and Addressing Suicide Risk in Clinical Settings
- Telehealth for Suicide Prevention
- Community Connectedness for Suicide Prevention
- Creating Safe Environments
- School-Based Strategies
- Public Education and Awareness Campaigns
- Talk and Text Lines