Dissemination Audiences for Rural Telehealth Programs
A number of audiences may benefit from learning more about rural telehealth programs. Target audiences should
include individuals both internal and external to the telehealth program being implemented or expanded.
information with internal audiences can increase buy-in and support for the telehealth program — and both are
important for success. For example, leadership, staff, healthcare providers, and other employees should be
informed that the telehealth solution is available and be aware of how it is implemented.
with external audiences can ensure broad awareness and knowledge of the telehealth solution. External audiences
should be informed of the potential benefits of the telehealth program and be aware of how to direct patients
to access telehealth services.
Internal and external audiences to consider in dissemination include:
- Administrative leadership and staff – individuals who support the implementation, expansion,
and sustainability of the telehealth program.
- Healthcare providers and support staff – those who use the telehealth tool(s) to provide
services to their patients.
- Referring providers – other healthcare providers who refer patients to or recommend the
- Other employees – other program employees should know that telehealth is available and
- Health insurance providers – sharing information directly with insurers can help make the
case for telehealth solutions and services that should be covered.
- Partners – supporting organizations who either help to implement the telehealth solution
and/or work closely with the population served.
- Other community organizations – other organizations in the community may refer patients to
use the telehealth services offered; examples include community-based and faith-based organizations.
- Employers and employees – increasing awareness of available telehealth and telemedicine
services among employers and employees can improve support and utilization of those services.
- Prospective patients and their families – patients and/or their families should be aware of
the telehealth services and programs being offered.
- Community members – community support for telehealth is an important component of success.
Resources to Learn More
Lessons Learned and Advice Drawn
from Case Studies
Offers a compilation of advice and lessons learned from 14 telehealth programs and case studies regarding key
factors to success. Covers information on communications, leadership and buy-in, education and training,
enrollment, process improvement, and more. Includes links to the individual telehealth case studies.