About the Rural Early Childhood Health Promotion Toolkit
The Rural Early Childhood Health Promotion Toolkit was first published on 2/18/2021.
Toolkits are developed based on a review of FORHP grantees' applications, foundation-funded projects, and an extensive literature review, to identify evidence-based and promising models. Programs featured in the toolkit were interviewed to provide insights about their work and guidance for other rural communities interested in undertaking a similar project.
This toolkit was produced by the University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center in collaboration with the NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis and the Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub).
Contributors from the University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center include Amanda Corbett, Shivani Thakker, Carrie Henning-Smith, Ira Moscovice, and Alex Evenson. Contributors from the NORC Walsh Center include Amy Rosenfeld, Tricia Stauffer, Alexa Siegfried, and Shannon Gonick.
The University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center wishes to acknowledge the following individuals, who have contributed their time and expertise to ensure that this toolkit is as useful and relevant as possible:
- Marycatherine Augustyn, PhD, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- Katherine Bauer, PhD, University of Michigan Nutritional Sciences
- Carrie Dooyema, MSN, MPH, Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Jeff Franklin, Illinois CATCH onto Health Initiative
- Rhonda Jones-Webb, PhD, University of Minnesota Division of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Bramaramba Kowtha, RD, HRSA
- Jennifer Linde, PhD, University of Minnesota Division of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Meredith Morrissette, MPH, HRSA
- RoiAnn Phillips, HealthConnect One
- Molle Polzin, RD, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Jamie Stang, PhD, University of Minnesota Division of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Sara Veblen-Mortenson , MPH/MSW, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
For questions or comments about the toolkit, or for further assistance with using the toolkit, please contact:
- RHIhub at 1-800-230-1898 or email email@example.com
Suggested citation: University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center and NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis, 2021 . Rural Early Childhood Health Promotion Toolkit [online] Rural Health Information Hub. Available at: https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/toolkits/child-health [Accessed 25 July 2021].
The development of this toolkit was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Department (HHS) under contract #HHSH250201300021I/HHSH25034002T.