Northern Dental Access Center
- Project Title: Ensuring Patient Success with Outreach and Support
- Grant Period: 06/01/2009 – 05/30/2012
- Program Representative Interviewed: Ms. Jeanne M Larson, Executive Director
- Location: Bemidji, Minnesota
- Program Overview: The Northern Dental Access Center’s program addressed barriers to oral healthcare for individuals with lower incomes who are eligible for subsidized care programs and who live within several rural Minnesota counties. The program established a patient support center within a new dental access clinic. Program services included a treatment coordinator to advise patients of their recommended treatment plan, insurance counseling, child care, transportation assistance, and referrals to social and private agencies.
Models Represented by this Program: