Innis Community Health Center
- Project Title: Building Tomorrow's Smiles
- Grant Period: 05/01/2009 – 04/30/2012
- Program Representative Interviewed: Linda Matessino, Executive Director
- Location: Innis, Louisiana
- Program Overview: This program sought to enhance oral health for Medicaid infants and toddlers in rural Louisiana. The program provided early intervention, such as oral exams and fluoride varnish applications, to children between the ages of six months and three years and educated parents about the importance of oral healthcare. The program also provided educational services to dentists practicing in Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Read about Arbor Family Health (formerly Innis Community Health Center) and its School-Based Health Center Dental Outreach in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this Program: