West Central District Health Department
- Project Title: West Central Dental Clinic “Tooth Tour”
- Grant Period: 05/01/2009 – 04/30/2012
- Program Representative Interviewed: Shannon Vanderheiden, Health Director
- Location: North Platte, Nebraska
- Program Overview: This program established a mobile dental clinic called the “Tooth Tour” to reach elementary school-aged children who are underserved by oral health resources. The mobile dental clinic traveled to participating elementary schools within a three-county service area. Services provided by the clinic included dental examinations, screenings, cleanings, X-rays, and fluoride varnish applications. In addition, dental hygienists traveled to schools to provide oral health education to students.
Models Represented by this Program: