Mississippi Headwaters Area Dental Health Center
- Project Title: Ensuring Patient Success with Outreach and Support
- Grant Period: 6/01/2009-5/30/2012
- Program Representative Interviewed: Ms. Jeanne M Larson, Executive Director
- Location: Bemidji, Minnesota
- Program Overview: This program addresses barriers to oral healthcare for low-income individuals who are eligible for subsidized care programs and who live within several rural Minnesota counties. The program established a patient support center within a new dental access clinic. The center’s services include a treatment coordinator to advise patients of their recommended treatment plan, insurance counseling, child care, transportation assistance, and referrals to social and private agencies.
Models Represented by this Program: