West Central District Health Department
- Project title: West Central Dental Clinic "Tooth Tour"
- Grant period: 05/01/2009 – 04/30/2012
- Contact name: Shannon Vanderheiden, Health Director
- Location: North Platte, Nebraska
- Program Overview: This program established a mobile dental clinic called the "Tooth Tour" to reach underserved elementary school-aged children. The mobile dental clinic travels to participating elementary schools within a three service area. Services provided by the clinic include dental examinations, screenings, cleanings, X-rays, and fluoride varnish applications. In addition, dental hygienists travel to schools to provide oral health education to students.
Models Represented by this Program: