Delta Dental of South Dakota
- Project Title: Delta Dental Mobile Program (formerly the Dakota Smiles Mobile Dental Program)
- Grant Period: 05/01/2009 – 04/30/2011
- Program Representative Interviewed: Connie Halverson, Public Benefit Coordinator
- Location: Pierre, South Dakota
- Program Overview: The goal of this program is to reduce barriers to dental care access. The Delta Dental Mobile Program used two mobile vans to provide dental care services to low-income residents. Delta Dental partnered with schools in order to provide dental care to children. Services included restorative oral health treatment and preventive care such as cleanings and screenings.
Read about the Delta Dental Mobile Program in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this Program: