Bi-State Primary Care Association
- Project title: Bridges to Health
- Grant period: 05/01/2012 – 04/30/2015
- Contact name: Melissa Miles, Project Manager
- Location: Montpelier, VT
- Website: www.bistatepca.org
- Program Overview: Bi-State Primary Care Association, in partnership with the University of Vermont Extension and the Open Door Clinic, established the Bridges to Health program to connect migrant farmworkers to health services through the use of care coordinators and promotores. Promotores work to decrease barriers to care facing migrant farm workers by offering transportation and translation services, helping to schedule medical appointments, educating farmers and farm workers on the local health services available in their communities, and providing feedback to rural healthcare providers on strategies to improve cultural competency and access.
Read more about the Bridges to Health program in RHIhub’s Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models Represented by this Program: