Dissemination Methods and Audiences
Once the dissemination objective and the audience are identified, there are a variety of ways to share data and other information about care coordination programs. The dissemination strategy will vary depending on the program model and the perspective on care coordination. For example:
- Care coordinator program models may disseminate information on patient satisfaction with care coordination
- HIT program models may report data on time spent by healthcare providers, communication, and quality of care
- Partnership program models may evaluate changes in relationships and communication between providers and other entities
- PCMH program models may choose to disseminate data on healthcare costs, health outcomes, and patient experience
- Health Homes program models may evaluate care quality and changes in emergency department use
- ACO program models may choose to evaluate and share information on care quality, costs, and utilization
For common methods of dissemination and key audiences, see Methods of Dissemination in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
Resources to Learn More
Dissemination of Rural Health
Research: A Toolkit
The toolkit describes multiple modes of dissemination and discusses the purpose of each dissemination product and appropriate modes for dissemination.
Organization(s): Rural Health Research Gateway Center for Rural Health
This toolkit can be used to frame the objectives for dissemination, which will guide the materials that need to be created, the method of dissemination, and the resources needed to achieve the dissemination objectives.
Organization(s): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
How to Develop an Effective Brochure
This guide provides an overview of how to create a professional, eye-catching, and valuable brochure.
Organization(s): University of Nebraska
How to Develop a Success
This guide describes the important steps needed in order to create and communicate success stories.
Organization(s): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
for Strategic Communications Plan
This guide provides a template for creating an effective communications plan.
Organization(s): W.K. Kellogg Foundation