Module 1: Introduction to HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment in Rural Communities
Since the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the U.S., its impact on rural communities has continued to grow. Prevention and treatment efforts that increase access to quality care and support services are critical to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in rural communities.
For general information on what to consider as you start your program, see Creating a Program: Where to Begin in the Rural Community Health Toolkit.
In this module:
- An Overview of HIV/AIDS in the U.S.
- The National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- The HIV Care Continuum
- HIV/AIDS in Rural Communities
- Barriers to HIV/AIDS Care in Rural Communities
- The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program