About this Toolkit
This toolkit was produced by the NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis in collaboration with the Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub).
Toolkits are developed based on a review of FORHP grantee’s applications, foundation-funded projects, and an extensive literature review, to identify evidence-based and promising models. Programs featured in the toolkit are interviewed to provide insights about their work and guidance for other rural communities interested in undertaking a similar project.
Contributors from the NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis include Deborah Backman, Alycia Bayne, Molly Powers, Luciana Rocha, and Tricia Stauffer.
For questions or comments about the toolkit, or for further assistance with using the toolkit, please contact:
- RHIhub at 1-800-230-1898 or email email@example.com
The NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis wishes to acknowledge the following individuals, who have contributed their time and expertise to ensure that this toolkit is as useful and up-to-date as possible:
- Christina Villalobos, Bureau of Primary Health Care
- Amber Berrian, Jayne Berube, Marcia Coburn, Allison Hutchings, Katie Lloyd, Helen Newton, Michele Pray, and Kathryn Umali, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP)
- Ron Manderscheid, National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors and National Association for Rural Mental Health
- Sara Afayee, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Joanne Brady, Eric Goplerud, Tracy McPherson, and David Rein, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Holly Andrilla, WWAMI Rural Health Research Center
The Rural Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders Toolkit was first published on 5/12/2017 and last reviewed on 10/25/2018.
The development of this toolkit was supported by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Department (HHS) under contract #HHSH250201300021I/HHSH25034002T.