Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug and Alcohol Commission
- Project Title: Nurse Navigator and Recovery Specialist Outreach Program
- Grant Period: 05/01/2012 – 04/30/2015
- Program Representative Interviewed: Kami Anderson, Executive Director
- Location: Shelocta, Pennsylvania
- Program Overview: The Nurse Navigator and Recovery Specialist Outreach program is based on the community health worker model and pairs the case management services of a peer recovery specialist with the expertise of a registered nurse to more efficiently navigate the healthcare system and bridge the gap between the provision of physical and mental healthcare. The program includes client education, provider education, and coordination between a client's physical health and mental health providers inclusive of primary care providers, drug and alcohol treatment providers, mental health treatment providers, and emergency services.
Read more about the Nurse Navigator and Recovery Specialist Outreach Program in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models represented by this program: